R 'n' R: Rants & Raves 1521

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Ang mangga

Only in the Philippines
will we find
mangoes
that can't possibly be beaten
or even equalled
anywhere else
in
the
world!

And it's amazing how, sometimes, it takes foreigners to remind us of this. No, they don't usually volunteer the information as far as I'm concerned. In my case, dealing with Koreans regularly prompts me to weave "Filipiniana" in and out of our conversations, and of course, you can't talk about the Philippines without talking about its culinary treats.

"The most delicious mangoes come from the Philippines," I state with delight everytime. And some of them agree, having had the good fortune of sampling a few.

It doesn't end there. Due to the regular conversations that dwell on the country's customs and traditions, the people's norms and nuances, and the everyday things that go on on our shores, I've come to notice that, yeah buko juice tastes great, Pinoys walk slowly and hardly move about with a sense of urgency, and yeah Pinoys have that natural smile that's hard to wipe off.

You do the ranting and raving regarding those things; I, on the other hand, am sticking to what this post is really supposed to do in the first place and which I haven't even touched on yet -- which is to say how unbeatably yummy the MANGO CREAM PIE of Red Ribbon is. So I'll say it...

ANG SARAP NG MANGO CREAM PIE NG RED RIBBON!!

:-D

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


FreeGraphicsFrom.GIF (2678 bytes)

Get Listed @ Philippine Sites - http://www.philippine-sites.tk/

A Pinoy Blogger