R 'n' R: Rants & Raves 1521

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

news links 4 u

Just in case you haven't noticed, there are two additional items on the list of links on the right -- Marianas Variety and GulfNews. I was thinking of putting other news links like CNN, BBC, The London Times etc., but...well, I didn't. Marianas Variety is one of the big newspapers in the Marianas Islands (which include Saipan and Guam), and GulfNews provides news and features concerning the Middle Eastern region. Considering that there's a big Pinoy population in both regions, I decided that knowing more about what's going on over there would be of interest to us.

I guess I'll add The London Times to the list since a lot of Filipinos work in the UK as well.

Hope you find these links useful!

6 Comments:

  • How nice!
    I saw the Gulf News link last night and I realised it deals with the more "cosmopolitan" Middle East environment (Dubai, Bahrain, etc.)

    ArabNews offer the more traditional insight, aside from linking where the great numbers of contract workers are.

    The hits is working!

    eci

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:29 PM  

  • Good decision girl.

    By Blogger AsianSmiles, at 7:36 AM  

  • Hi asiansmiles & anonymous!I have no way of knowing if and how many surfers use these links, but if the news sites are helping them, that's GREAT. GulfNews especially has interesting features, but anonymous is right -- I've noticed that most of the materials I've read there have "Dubai" as the dateline.

    ArabNews? Hmm...maybe I'll put the link to that soon. Thanks!

    By Blogger sunnyday, at 8:47 AM  

  • Useful finds.

    By Blogger S A J Shirazi, at 3:34 PM  

  • Girl!

    I visited your hoops & yoyo link! LOL! Didn't know it's that fun!

    Thanks!!!

    By Blogger AsianSmiles, at 10:35 AM  

  • Great!! Heehee!! I get a kick out of dropping by that site, too, especially since the homepage changes at the start of every month. I just noticed though that for June, July (and August? haven't checked lately), it was the same -- about school being out. Maybe September will bring something new. =)

    By Blogger sunnyday, at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


FreeGraphicsFrom.GIF (2678 bytes)

Get Listed @ Philippine Sites - http://www.philippine-sites.tk/

A Pinoy Blogger